Here are random pictures from day 1. They aren't in any particular order but here they are!!!! Enjoy!!!!

This was take off on day 1. It was amazing to be apart of that and step out with 2800 people to raise money for breast cancer research and support.

This sign was awesome. I just wish I could have gotten pictures of more of the signs that were up. It was awesome the support that we had and that is what kept us going!

The last few miles on day 1. We were walking through Montecito heading towards mile marker 23.

These guys were awesome! I only saw them once but they were funny!!!

These people were awesome!!! It was fun seeing all the support we got from people as we walked past their homes!!!

Love Team minus Jesse and Lauren who weren't there yet at Opening Ceremonies.

The Love Team at the half way mark!!! We were so glad to all finally hook up there!!!

Part 2 of my cheer team - Mom and Sam!!!! I talked my mom into walking with me next year so she enjoyed checking out the wellness village. She was impressed and I think it helped seal the deal for next year!

Steve and Leya - part 1 of my cheer team! They came and met me at the Wellness Village and Steve showed off his chivalry by carrying my bag to my tent for me! He was so sweet!!!!

Laura and I at opening ceremonies! She was a second time walker and I was a first time walker. We walked a lot together and it was nice having a pro to walk with!

Laura soaking in the CA sun!!!

It was also silly time for us. We were in the home stretch(just about 5 or so miles to go) and we were excited!! We kept laughing at the rest stops and quick stops they had after that point too. They were off the path and would have added mileage to our walk and we said no!

We were on the bike path coming up on the Biltmore. I was a lot of fun there. There was a casting call going on at one house, another there were a bunch of people in the pool all partying and then on Butterfly Beach there was a wedding going on and we got to see the bride right before she went to walk down the isle! I bet she loved the sea of pink that were in the back ground of any of those photos!!!

Jan and Pam at the finish line on day 1. Jesse, Lauren, Laura and I ended up going ahead of them after the Fess Parker pit stop and we didn't see them again until they crossed the finish line! I am so proud to call them teammates!!!!

Jan and I with the Pink Ladies! They followed us along the route and kept cheering us on! It was awesome!!

The sign reads IndiaNIPPLEous 39.3 miles. The best part - a guy was driving this truck!!

Coach Ian and Jan our fearless Love Team Captain!!!

I think the men who dressed in pink to cheer us on were awesome!!! I think that if your loved one is walking then you should be able to join a team to come out and cheer us on and be all dressed out and crazy!!!


The bathroom wait lines!!! Some were horrible - some weren't so bad. This one was horrible!

We loved this walker! It made us smile and was awesome!!!

Walking in Montecito. The girls you see right in the picture were only 16!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment